Request for submission of applications for participation in an open tender with pre-selection for the selection of a financing institution(s) for raising a loan / syndycated loan
Please note that Saturday 12 September 2015 is a working day in Bulgaria, therefore:
- the deadline for requesting further clarification on the Request for applications is 10 September 2015;
- all clarifications will be published on BEH’s website by the end of day on 12 September 2015;
- the deadline for submission of applications for participation in the pre-selection stage is until 17:30 on 16 September 2015.
REQUEST FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS FOR PARTICIPATION IN AN OPEN TENDER WITH PRE-SELECTION FOR THE „SELECTION OF A FINANCING INSTITUTION(S) FOR RAISING A LOAN / SYNDYCATED LOAN“
INFORMATION ABOUT THE BORROWER
“Bulgarian Energy Holding” EAD (“BEH”/“Borrower”) was incorporated on 18.09.2008 by Decree of the Minister of Economy and Energy to consolidate the state’s assets in the energy sector and increase the efficiency of their management in line with the Energy Strategy of the Republic of Bulgaria.
BEH is the sole shareholder of:
- “Kozloduy Nuclear Power Plant” (NPP) EAD – “Kozloduy NPP” EAD is engaged in the utilisation of nuclear energy for the production of electrical and thermal energy, import and export of nuclear fuel, investment activities, construction, assembly and repair activities related to the production of electrical and thermal energy, sale of high and medium voltage electricity and thermal energy, operation of facilities for disposal of radioactive waste.
- “Thermal Power Plant (TPP) Maritsa East 2” EAD – “TPP Maritsa East 2” EAD is engaged in the production of electricity and thermal energy, transmission and distribution of thermal energy, construction and repair activities in the energy sector, investment activities, acquisition and disposition of intellectual property rights.
- “Natsionalna Elektricheska Kompania” (NEK) EAD (National Electricity Company EAD) – NEK EAD is engaged in the public supply of electricity and purchase and sale of electricity ensuing from this obligation, supply of electricity to consumers connected to the transmission grid, import and export of electricity, construction, repair and investment work in the field of electricity production.
- “Electricity System Operator” (ESO) EAD – ESO EAD is engaged in the transmission of electricity, management of the electricity grid and third party access on a nondiscriminatory basis among grid users, common operation and coordinated development with the electricity systems of other countries, administration of the balancing market for electricity. ESO EAD is responsible for expansion, reconstruction, modernization, Page 2 of 11 operation, maintenance and ensuring reliable operation of the electricity transmission grid.
- “Independent Bulgarian Energy Exchange” (IBEX) EAD – IBEX EAD is engaged in organizing a power exchange for trading in the power sector and products related to power consumption such as electricity, natural gas, coal, emissions and green allowances.
- “Bulgargaz” EAD – “Bulgargaz” EAD is engaged in the public supply of natural gas and purchase and sale of gas ensuing from this obligation, purchase of natural gas for the purpose of storage, marketing studies and analysis of the Bulgarian natural gas market.
- “Bulgartransgaz” EAD – “Bulgartransgaz” EAD is engaged in the storage, transit transmission and transmission of natural gas, maintenance, operation, management and development of Chiren underground gas storage, development of programmes and activities for compliance of the gas transmission activity with European Union requirements. The company develops a pricing policy for connection, transmission and storage of natural gas in accordance with the effective legislation, administers transactions with natural gas and organizes the balancing of the natural gas market. In addition to the operative management of the gas transportation system “Bulgartransgaz” EAD conducts engineering, investment and maintenance activities, import of goods, machinery and equipment, related to the company’s activities, and import of primary materials and equipment related to its activities.
- “Mini Maritsa Iztok” EAD – “Mini Maritsa Iztok” EAD is engaged in the extraction and sale of coal and industrial, trading, leasing, repair and economic activities.
- “Bulgartel” EAD – “Bulgartel” EAD is engaged in trading, marketing and engineering activities related to electronic communications, construction, exploitation and maintenance of electronic communication networks and information systems, and provision of electronic communication and information services.
- “Energy Investment Company” EAD – “Energy Investment Company” EAD is engaged in investment activity, development and introduction of new technologies, intellectual property transactions, asset management, entrepreneurship, consultancy, engineering, processing, supply and trade with power and natural resources.
All subsidiaries under the holding structure preserve their operational independence and licenses.